Thursday 28 June 2012

Yet another challenge


It would seem that my blog is quickly becoming filled with talk of challenges and challenges only.  I’m not saying that’s a bad thing.  It’s almost like warm up exercises for a new blogger. I like how blogging about them makes me accountable for getting them thought through and done.  I’ve always been a creative, but mostly in my head.  Blogging requires that I actually put the studio time in and get the idea out of my head into some tangible form to share. This, this is a good thing.

On that note, I won’t be able to join in for Finally Friday tomorrow. Ha! The worst part is I had the greatest idea but it went poof! Ah well, next week.

I do have news on another challenge.  I didn’t think I would be joining in, but when a perfect starting point practically jumped into my cart I couldn’t say no.  It’s the brainchild of Sarah Goode of Pookledo, the Thrift Store Blog Hop. In essence you get £1 (today that’s a buck sixty) to spend at the Thrift store, the make something, sharing the starting point, in progress and finally the result for a blog hop on August 4th.  The list is growing so please visit Sarah’s site for the full list of participants.

Here’s my start

036

I thought, heck I’ll use half and I’ll be at a dollar, but then I found I had a 30% card to use so score $1.40 I’m under budget on the whole deal!

038

Not too shabby eh? I have ideas of what I'd like to do, there's lots of flexibility here.  I can't wait to see wht everyone else finds!

3 comments:

  1. ooh. Interesting find! Good luck!

    I don't mind you blogging about it at stages as long as on the day when the blog ho happens there is a link to all of the blogs about it on your page so people can check out all the blog hops posts without having to dig for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, nice choice. I have been to three shops so far and everything is both uninspiring and overpriced. And rescuing old jewelry is my passion! I really wanted to be fair about this and buy something especially for the challenge. So I won't be going into my stash unless it's an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waht a great find! I bet you will have a lot of fun with it!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation