Tuesday 12 February 2013

Bead soup is coming!

Time to start getting excited about the Bead Soup Blog Party!  The time has come for 500 or so participants, matched up by the incomparable Lori Anderson, to swap their soups.  This is the seventh edition, my second, and I was very eager to get my soup going and shipped.  It’s a good thing there is a deadline, since last night I was frustrated with one part that wasn’t coming together as planned and I almost started over from scratch.  Then I decided I was being a bit of a drama queen, since clearly my partner was not going to be able to guess what I had originally envisioned.

So here is what I’ve been stirring up.  Actually this manipulation looks backwards to me, now that I’m punning.  I’m right-handed and I stir things clockwise (opposite of what this looks like), I wonder if that’s a universal type thing? [I have googled – “About 150,000 results (0.23 seconds)” apparently I’m not the only one who wonders these things…]

stirred soup 2013

Ok back to Bead Soup!  My partner is Cindy Ritchie whose etsy shop is full of beautiful handcrafted lampwork beads and jewelry.  Just look at this row of pretty blue birdies who greet you at the virtual shop doors.  Hello, tweet, tweet!



So much character in these birds I knew I was in for a treat.  The more I looked, the more excited I got.  Birds of all sorts including penguins and owls; pigs, cats, and more.  Her jewelry is ever so wearable and each piece has these sweet touches, just full of charm, and at totally reasonable prices.  But most of all, you know if you forced me to pick a favourite – just look at these foxes! Couldn’t you just squeeze them?
Buy them right here.  
 


Just like that watched pot, I will be stalking my mailbox for soup arrival.  It’s Cindy’s first BSBP and I can’t wait for her to get her package too.  It’s wrapped in brown paper (not tied with string) but does include a few of my favourite things.  There will be much more to share before our reveal date, the second reveal, April 6th.  Looking forward to sharing this experience with Cindy and you all.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Emma! I'm flattered! Such encouraging words :) I love the pic above! Very appropriate for the dish we are cooking up. Now if you were in the southern hemisphere would you be stirring it the other way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those foxes are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on your Etsy shop I can only imagine what fabulous things you're sending. It looks like you have some fun things in store coming to you, too! It'll be exciting to see what you both make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by visiting all the blogs taking part in the bead soup cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emma. Cute blog you have. I'm enjoying your color scheme. Your partner does have some really sweet looking animal beads. Adorable! I can't wait to see your bead soup too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation