Tuesday 19 February 2013

My bead soup is here!

I’m so excited to share my bead soup with you.  My partner Cindy Ritchie really outdid herself.  My camera battery died just as I got it all open and was really tucking in.  I realize I actually haven’t charged it yet since the first charge when I got it… six weeks ago! So here is just a quick little shot at the gorgeous glass I get to play with

bead soup is here

Yes I had helpers getting at my soup! You can’t quite make it out in this picture but the sweet stamped cotton gift bag says: “Caution soup may be hot!” which made me smile since it was quite cold from being in the mail box.  I was so excited to see the little bird greeting me before I even got the whole package open.  Suddenly there were helper paws so I surrendered the raffia to get at my beads and then there was an immediate demand for “bubbles”.  With those two satisfied I could them jump in

014

I got all of one shot off before the camera told me it was done.  I’m not even sure how to describe some of these colours beyond just calling them pretty. so pretty.  I adore melon beads and was just thrilled to see these colourful spring time ones.  Great big thanks to Cindy for pulling this all together and handcrafting this gorgeous, glass, copper, and even tea dyed ribbon.  I sure do feel like one luck girl!

I would be remiss if I didn’t also thank Lori Anderson who has the most uncanny bead ESP for setting up partners. My second time with the BSBP and my second score at having a perfect partner.  I hope that I’ll do them proud come reveal time, April 6th.  I’ve already got ideas brewing, although I’m sure they will change many times over before the fateful day.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, thats an amazing soup. I want to have these beads :)

    I can't wait what would you do with the beads and your excellent polymer clay!

    best,
    Agata

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one amazing soup!

    I love love love the lampwork headpins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous soup! Beautiful color palette too. Love the key and headpins-those are spectacular as is the set of lampwork beads. The fiber is wonderful too. I have been purchasing beads from Cindy each July at a craft show called Arts in the Park in the Adirondack mountains. We vacation there each year-it is home in our hearts-and I always look forward to buying her beads! I look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to visit as many of the blogs as I can in the blog party. I love the soup that you got as well as the one you've sent out (I saw it on her page)! I can't wait to see what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful soups!! Both of them....still waiting for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute. My cat gets excited about packages too. Always hoping there's something for him. Tissue paper, ribbon, he even occasionally get treats from grandma. Beautiful soup. Love all the glass. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, thanks for taking the time to join in the conversation